Terms & Conditions
- For the purpose of these terms & conditions the following words shall have the following meanings:
(a) “The Company” shall mean Viking Plumbing Services LTD, Company registration 08751850.9 Kemps Lane, Beccles, NR34 9XA
(b) “The Customer” shall mean the person or organisation for whom the Company agrees to carry out works &/or supply materials.
The Operative or Engineer shall mean the representative appointed by the Company.
- The Company reserves the right to refuse or decline work at its own discretion. Where the Company agrees to carry out works for the Customer those works shall be undertaken by the designated operative of Company at its absolute discretion.
- HOURLY RATE WORK. The total charge to the Customer shall consist of the cost of materials supplied by the Company (not exceeding the trade purchase price of materials + 20%) & the amount of time spent by the operative in carrying out works (including all reasonable time spent in obtaining unstocked materials) charged in accordance with the Company’s current hourly rates. The Customer shall only be charged for the time spent related to the Customer’s work, all other time, personal mobile calls etc. is non-chargeable.
- FIXED PRICE WORK (QUOTATIONS) shall be given as a firm cost, (manifest errors exempted) and will as stated include labour only or materials and labour.
- Where a written estimate has been supplied to the Customer the total charge to the Customer referred to in the estimate should not exceed the actual time taken by more than 20% but may be revised in the following circumstances:—
(i) if after submission of the estimate the Customer instructs the Company (whether orally or in writing) to carry out additional works not referred to in the estimate.
(ii) if after submission of the estimate there is an increase in the price of materials.
(iii) if after submission of the estimate it is discovered that further works need to be carried out which were not anticipated when the estimate was prepared . (iv) if after submission of the estimate it is discovered that there was a manifest error when the estimate was prepared.
- Material Collection.
Collection of non-stock items is chargeable but:
(a) Time must be kept to a minimum & reasonable.
(b) The Customer must be informed wherever possible when the operative leaves the premises.
(c) If the collection time is likely to exceed 60 minutes the customer must be additionally informed of the circumstances.
(d) Only one engineer is allowed to leave the job to collect parts.
(e) The collection of materials which should be normally stocked items is non-chargeable.
- Invoices are due for payment immediately upon delivery to the Customer. Any part of that invoice which remains unpaid shall carry interest at the rate of 2% over the base rate until payment in full is received by the Company.
- The Customer shall accept sole liability to discharge the Company’s account unless he/she discloses to the Company when initially instructing the Company to carry out work &/or supply materials that he/she is acting on behalf of a third party (including, but not limited to, a Limited Company or partnership) & receiving a written estimate) the name of the third party appears on the written estimate.
- Where complaints arise that cannot be resolved using our own complaints procedure, details of which are on the website www.viking-plumbing.co.uk
- We provide a 12 month guarantee in respect of faulty workmanship for 12 months (this is not insurance backed) from the date of completion with the manufacturers warranty in force. The Guarantee will become null & void if the work/appliance completed/supplied by the Company is:
(a) Subject to misuse or negligence.
(b) Repaired, modified or tampered with by anyone other than a Company operative. The Company will accept no liability for, or guarantee suitability, materials supplied by the Customer & will accept no liability for any unforeseeable consequential damage or fault.
The Customer can rely on their statutory rights in relation to any defects with the product
- The company will not guarantee any work in respect of blockages in waste & drainage systems etc.
The company will not guarantee any work undertaken on instruction from the customer & against the written or verbal advice of the operative/engineer.
Work is guaranteed only in respect of work directly undertaken by the company & payment in full has been made. Any non-related faults arising from recommended work which has not been undertaken by the company will not be guaranteed.
The company shall not be held liable or responsible for any damage or defect resulting from work not fully guaranteed or where recommended work has not been carried out. Work will not carry a guarantee where the customer has been notified by the operative either verbally or indicated in ticked boxes or in Comments/ Recommendations of any other related work which requires attention.
The customer shall be solely liable for any hazardous situation in respect of Gas Safe Regulations or Gas Warning Notice issued.
These conditions do not affect the customer’s rights under the Consumer Rights Act
- Where the Company agrees to carry out works on installations, no warranty is given on the effectiveness of the existing system.
- These terms & conditions may not be released, discharges, supplemented, interpreted, varied or modified in any manner except by an instrument in writing signed by a duly authorised representative of the Company & by the Customer. Further, these terms & conditions shall prevail over any terms & conditions used by the Customer or contained or set out or referred to in any documentation sent by the Customer to the Company; by entering into a contact with the Company the Customer agrees irrevocably to waive the application of any such terms & conditions.
- Title to any goods, supplied by the Company to the Customer shall not pass to the Customer but shall be retained by the Company until payment in full for such goods has been made by the Customer to the Company.
Until such time as title in the such goods has passed to the Customer:
(i) the Company shall have absolute authority to deal with, dispose of or sell all any or part of such goods in which title remains vested in the Company,
(ii) the Company shall be entitled to seek a court injunction to prevent the Customer from selling, transferred or otherwise disposing of such goods.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, risk in such goods shall pass on delivery of the same to the Customer, & until such time as title in such goods has passed to the Customer, the Customer shall insure such goods to their replacement value & the Customer shall forthwith, upon request, provide the Company with a certificate or other evidence of such Insurance.
- The Company shall not be liable for any delay or for the consequences of any delay in performing any of its obligations if such delay is due to any cause whatsoever beyond its reasonable control, & the Company shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of the time for performing such obligations.
- The Company shall only be liable for rectifying works completed by the Company
- These terms & conditions & all contacts awarded between the Company & Customer shall be governed & construed in accordance with English, Welsh and Scottish law & shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English, Welsh and Scottish law.
Nothing in these terms and conditions seeks to limit (in respect of a contract with a customer); (a) a customer’s rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, or (b) any right to cancellation under the Consumer Contacts (etc.) Regulations 2013, or (c) exclude or limit any liability for death or personal injury resulting from the Suppliers negligence or that of its employees, agents or sub-contractors, or (d) limit the suppliers liability’ for damage/redress in respect of the Suppliers neglect, or that of its employees, agents or subcontractors’.
We are committed to providing a high-quality service to all our clients. In the unlikely event there is anything you are not completely satisfied with, please contact us as soon as you can in order that we can rectify any problems as soon as possible
The complaints procedure is as follows:
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. We will review your complaint and file and then invite you to discuss (by phone call or meeting) and hopefully resolve your complaint. This will happen within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within three days of the meeting we will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions we have agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, We will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including her suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter
Alternative Dispute Resolution:
Where we cannot resolve any complaints using our own complaints procedure, as a Which? Trusted trader we use the Dispute Resolution Ombudsman. If you wish to refer the complaint to them please contact us on 0117 981 2929 or via their website http://www.disputeresolutionombudsman.org/which-trusted-traders-partnership/